Last updated 2017-08-22.
- You may download files from any of the directories on this server except
- In order to obtain accurate copies of some of the files on this FTP server,
you must have the ability to initiate "binary" file transfers. In particular,
all files ending in ".gz" are binary files. They will not transfer properly in
ASCII mode, which is usually the default file transfer mode. Most FTP clients
have a "binary" or "mode binary" request to enter binary transfer mode, and a
"ascii" or "mode ascii" request to return to text mode.
- You must have a copy of the file transfer utility programs before you can
access files whose names end in ".save.evf.gz". Please carefully read these instructions for downloading the utility
- If you need further assistance transferring any of these files, please
contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please do not contact Stratus
Computer or myself. Contact us only if you think there is something wrong with
the server itself. If possible, try having someone else download the files
first; that way you will be able to tell whether the problem is with your own
account or with our server.
- You may upload contributions to the directory /pub/vos/incoming. Please
upload only source code or text files. We accept binaries only under unusual
circumstances; contact me for details. We only accept files that can be freely
redistributed (i.e., no shareware). If you upload software, please include
instructions (or a command macro or Makefile) for building your program(s), and
please include a "README.txt" file that describes how to use the program and
gives your email address so that people who have questions can contact you.
- If you are submitting multiple source files, we ask that you submit them as
a "bundled" file; these files have names ending in ".save.evf.gz". You must
have a copy of the file transfer utility programs to create a bundled file.
Please carefully read these instructions for
downloading the utility programs.
- When you upload files, please be sure to notify us via E-mail so that we can copy your
files to a public area. Files are not accessible, even by the uploader, until
we have moved them. If you do not notify us, we will eventually delete your
files from the incoming directory.
- Do not use /pub/vos/incoming to send files to the CAC. The CAC cannot
access files that are placed here. See the file /pub/cac/README.txt for further information.
- Please be careful to specify the proper file transmission mode (ascii or
binary) before you upload files. A file that has been sent in the wrong mode
must be retransmitted under a different name, since you do not have the ability
to delete a file once you have sent it.
All information is copyright © 1994-2017 Stratus
Technologies Bermuda, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.